Authors Welcome!

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Author and Poet Kevin Hollingswoth

“Stellar” is an interesting as well as compelling book of prose poetry that encompasses the wonderment of love.  Further, stories of romance, love, and tragedy are told creatively through the eyes of 107 poems.
In “Stellar” one will have a chance to go on an odyssey of figurative language, and will also get a refreshing sense of the human condition; that we all need, and yearn for love.
In “Stellar” one will also have a unique opportunity to view emotionalism seemingly painted by the masters. However, these poetic words of distinction cannot fit on a canvas; but are to be read on paper, and enjoyed by you and your imagination….

Excerpts form the book!


The Most Beautiful
She was the most beautiful ocean.
She was the most beautiful breeze.
I looked up, and I saw her beauty design the sky.
She was more than amazing, and her love was strong.
Her heart cared for me, and her soul loved me.
I was so lucky, but I did not realize it until she was swept away by
the winds of passion and grace.
Her beauty was love, and her love was, indeed,
the most beautiful.



Illustration @2017 Linda Roane

America
Music wandered through the sky.
The mist touched her skin, and it felt so good.
Red, white, and blue combed her hair so fine.
She was magnificent, and she was free.
Her name was America, and I was proud to walk by her side.
She was so beauitful, and America was the finest woman I had
ever met.
Her courage and her bravery were my democracy.
She lifted me up when I was sad.
Her smiles made me happy when happiness was not around.
When joy was taken from me, she brought joy back into my life.
America, America I am so in love with you.


Blessing in Disguise
As he fainted he saw her from the corner of his eye. She was as pretty as the French language. Her song was like a dream he once knew.
Her love was not an evil deed, but a blessing in disguise. He had nothing in this life. Her blessing in disguise was all he wanted.
She gently told him the truth, which he could not bare; that her love was promised to another.
As he fainted he saw her from the corner of his eye. She was as pretty as the French language. Her song was like a dream he once knew.




I have been a dreamer since I was born in N.Y.C. My dreams started September 20th, 1968. I moved to Los Angeles, California when I was very young. I received my education in Los Angeles, and joined the workforce a couple of years after graduating from college…
I did not start writing poetry until later in life. Friends and family really enjoyed the beautiful words I shared with them. So, I continued to write, and published my first prose poetry book, “Wonders,” in 2009. I published my second book of prose, “Romance with A Touch of Love” in 2011.
The dreams kept coming; and I continued to be inspired to write beautiful words. I am honored to share these beautiful words with the world in “Stellar.”
213.908.9996


No comments:

Post a Comment