Authors Welcome!

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Spotlight on Author E.J. Babcock


WELCOME E.J. BABCOCK!

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I have always written short stories and such in notebooks. It was just recently that I decided to share my stories.


How long does it take you to write a book?

I don’t put a time frame on them, but it can take about four months.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

I try to be strict but I have five kids and a fulltime job so it’s crazy like always lol.


What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

I listen to music when I write, I also send myself story ideas.

How do your books get published?

I found a great publisher http://www.crimsonfrostpublishing.com/


Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

With the football terms in Sudden Impact I had help from my brother and my husband.

My ideas just come to me sometimes when I’m listing to music or watching a television or listing to music.


When did you write your first book and how old were you?
37 years old


What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I like to read, go to concerts, spend time with friends and listen to music.


What does your family think of your writing?

They love it and are very supportive.



What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

That google is your best friend… lol.


How many books have you written? Two one is being edited. Which is your favorite? Aww come on that’s like asking which child is my favorite. I will be honest and say I love them both equally. They both have things in them that I love.


Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they? Write what you love, write down any ideas that pop into your head no matter how crazy it seems at the moment.


Do you hear from your readers much? Sometimes. What kinds of things do they say? When book two is coming out? That Cassius’s mom is crazy and who is she based on?
The answer, Book two will be out in the spring/summer hopefully. Cassius mother is based on the worst mother you can think of.

Do you like to create books for adults? Yes but thinking of doing some for children.


What do you think makes a good story? A good plot, good story line, and awesome characters.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?  Be a princess… lol. Honestly I wanted to be a veterinarian, then I realized I couldn’t ever put an animal to sleep so I wanted to be a writer.


You can find me at:

Facebook: Author E.J. Babcock

Twitter: @SunfiresAngel44


Instagram: ejbabcock44





Personal Life Of E.J. In Pictures -



No comments:

Post a Comment