Authors Welcome!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Spotlight on Author Alissa Rose


Today I welcome a wonderful author,
her new book Fun and Games is sexy and full of exciting twists.
I hope you will enjoy this interview.
 
 
When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I think I’ve always known on some level. Growing up in school I always enjoyed writing assignments especially ones that allowed us to use our imagination. Then later as an adult I was always told I had a gift to tell a story and make you feel like you were there with me. I had a pined to write one from the time I was in 8th grade but the fear of failing kept me from it. I wasn’t until a few years ago that my husband told me that he has had enough of hearing me talk about it and that I need to just do it.

How long does it take you to write a book?

Well that kind of depends on my three kids and what the schedule looks like but leisurely about five months.

 
What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

I’m horrible about a schedule. For the most part I will get in a few pages every few days then have about one solid day about every two weeks where my characters will not shut up and I will slam out a few chapters.

 
What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

When I am in my groove and writing a really intense scene I like to block everything out and close my eyes. If where I’m writing about has a smell I find myself actually breathing it in or moving it the same way the character would so I can get the description just right.

 
How do your books get published?

For now I self-publish with amazon / Kindle.

 
Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

In my first book, Fun and Games, I took a lot my experience of traveling on the road with my husband and our chainsaw carving business.

 
When did you write your first book and how old were you?

My first attempt was in middle school but I was very unhappy with it so I held off until last year at the age of 31.

 
What do you like to do when you're not writing?

Travel, I love to see the world and make as many memories as I can with the time I’m given.

 
 
What does your family think of your writing?

Everyone in my family has been a blessing. They are all very supportive.

 
 
What was one of the most surprising things you learned in
 
creating your books?

There were so many along the way. That a good editor is worth the money and writing a book is the easy part. Promoting, getting reviews, book signings, giveaways, take overs and etc. I could go on for days, is the hard part. There are so many wonderful authors coming out every day it is hard work getting yourself out there and into everyone’s hands.

 
How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I have one out, Fun and Games, which is part of a trilogy. The second book should be releasing this summer with a novella shortly after that.

 
Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Ask questions often. If you have the time to speak with an author that has done something that you are currently trying to do like self-publish or go to a signing don’t be afraid to ask them to help. Most are very nice and would love to help as much as they can. And if not what’s the worst that will happen they say no.

 
Do you hear from your readers much?
 
What kinds of things do they say?

Yes I have a great group of readers that love to keep in touch with me. The group may not be big yet but it is made of some really great people. Most of them say, “Where is book 2 I’m dying to read it.”

 
Do you like to create books for adults?
Yes I write in erotica.

What do you think makes a good story?

Leaving some mystery to keep the pages turning.

 
As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
I never really had a set idea I always thought that when I found it I would know. 


 
Bethany Roads is the party girl type that has no place in her life for love and romance. Recovering from a brutal attack she’s just trying to put her world back in order from the thousands of pieces it was smashed into.

Jackson Gage is a chainsaw carver with a work hard play hard kind of life style. Traveling from town to town leaves no room in his life for anyone extra, longer than the night.

Everything changes in their lives the night Bethany’s childhood friend Roxie drags her from the bars and down to the fair. It doesn’t take long before the two women land themselves front and center at Jacksons show. The way he handles his wood with grace and finesse has Bethany wanting to see more. She goes for the twist and turns of the rides but ends up taking the ride of her life.

Amazon link:

Goodreads:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment