Authors Welcome!

Friday, May 8, 2015

Spotlight on Author Ashley Erin

Welcome Ashley Erin.
We are so happy you could be with us today.
 
 

Ashley has a degree in Psychology and has worked in the Human Services field for five years. She loves reading romance, new adult, paranormal and fantasy novels.


She lives in Spruce Grove, Alberta with her boyfriend, two dogs and four cats. She also has a horse she loves with all her heart. When she is not working with the horses, reading and writing, you can find her on social media.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I first began dreaming about it in high school but never believed it was possible. I have always written, but usually kept it to myself. I discovered the world of Indie’s in 2014 and decided to push myself to fulfill my dream.

 
How long does it take you to write a book?

All About Us took a year. It was my first book and I have to admit I took time off from it. The No Asshole Rule was quicker. I think it will depend on the book and how cooperative my characters are.

 
What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

I recently got laid off, but I typically work Monday to Friday during the day and then write evenings and weekends.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

Hmmm, I think it would be that I don’t typically go back and read anything I’ve written until I’m completely done the first draft. I just get too caught up in editing what I’ve done if I start rereading.



How do your books get published?

I am self-published, so they are on the major online retailers.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

Usually when I’m driving and listening to music. It could be a word or the tone of a song. I’ve had to pull over more than once to start jotting notes.



When did you write your first book and how old were you?

I started my first book in 2014, I was 28.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I love horses and riding. I am currently helping my horse trainer and learning how to train.

What does your family think of your writing?

They have been immensely supportive. I can’t be any luckier in how amazing they have been. My sister isn’t typically into romance and she even bought a copy of my book. Everyone was encouraging and they shared my teasers and links.


What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

I think I was impressed at how much I can accomplish when I really set my mind to it.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I’ve written two so far. The second releases May 19, 2015. And I love them both. I can’t pick a favorite!

Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

I’m so new still, I’m looking for tips! In all honesty, I strive to make sure I listen to feedback, make sure I do my characters justice and give myself credit.

 
Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

I have a small group of readers who have been following me since before I published All About Us. They are so awesome and they just tell me how much they loved my characters and they can’t wait for my next books. It’s a surreal feeling knowing people are looking forward to something I’ve written.

 
Do you like to create books for adults?

I love it. I think reading is one of the best escapes we can take.

 
What do you think makes a good story?

I am a sucker for an HEA. I also love it when I get really attached to the characters and root for them.

 
As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

I wanted to be a Veterinarian. Then I realized how much schooling was involved and decided to just enjoy my pets.



LINKS:

All About Us is a Coming of Age bestseller!
Her style of writing kept me captivated from the first page to the last, and by the time I reached the end I was dying for more. ~ Author Maureen Mayer
#oneclick
Kobo
Nook
Also available on iTunes



 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment