Authors Welcome!

Monday, May 11, 2015

Spotlight on Author Jennifer Theriot





Hello everyone, thank you for joining Jennifer and I for this interview today. We hope you will enjoy her interview answers as well as the information she has provided about her books. Enjoy!


"When life gives you a second chance, embrace it like there's no tomorrow!"



 
Interview:
 
Was there one specific thing that inspired you to become a writer?

For starters, I’ve always loved to read. I’m a hopeless romantic and romance is my favorite genre.

Being a middle-aged woman and a proud Baby Boomer, I was tired of reading about twenty something main characters. Nothing against them mind you, but I just longed to read stories about women my own age. I had just finished the Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy and an idea was brewing in my head. Picture this: I was at dinner with two of my best friends. Over a good bottle of wine, we were discussing the books and how there just weren’t many ‘over fifty’ romance reads out there. They actually dared me to write a book about middle-aged lovers. Never one to pass up a good a dare, I took them up on it and started putting thoughts into words and words into a document.

I’m a young at heart woman, so I decided to incorporate a rock band and younger characters in the mix to make the book appealing to all ages. And so, on Halloween night of 2012, I set out on this wonderful journey.


Out of the Box Awakening is an interesting title. Can you elaborate on that?

My main character, Olivia Petersen was uprooted from her secure comfortable life in Houston when her husband was transferred to his company’s corporate headquarters in Chicago. Not one to readily accept change, she was forced to step Out of the Box – out of her comfort zone. The Awakening came from unexpected events that occurred after the move.


Is this a series?

Yes. After I finished and self-published Out of the Box Awakening, I just knew there was more of the story to tell. My characters kept telling me “You’ve gotta keep it going!” I took them up on it and released the 2nd book in the series, Out of the Box Regifted in 2014 and am working on the 3rd and final in the series, Out of the Box Everlasting. I also wrote a little bridge novella called Toccata Obbligato~Serenading Kyra as well, which is written from the POV of a band member in the series.


How rewarding is the writing/self publishing process to you?


Probably one of the best things for me is to read a review of my book. When a reader actually takes the time to review my book and they actually get it, meaning they understand the message, it’s amazing and it just gives me, as a writer more fuel to keep going. My message, by the way is that second chances in life and love are possible and that women should learn to love themselves. You can’t be happy in life until you are comfortable in your own skin. Embrace life, embrace the body and the attributes that God gave you and realize that there is someone out there for everyone. Prince Charming DOES exist.

Do you have a tagline – a branding for your series?

I would say my books are ‘Grownup romance from the other side of 30’. As for a tag line? I’d say, ‘When Life Gives You a Second Chance, Embrace it Like There’s no Tomorrow!”

Where can we grab your books?

I’m on Amazon.com

The books are available in eBook and print version


Social Media Links

GOOGLE PLUS:




WEBSITE:




BLOG:




AUTHOR FACEBOOK: Jennifer Theriot, Author



TWITTER: @ JenTheRiot




GOODREADS AUTHOR:




GOODREADS BOOK LINKS:












AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE:




AUTHORGRAPH:






UNIVERSAL BOOK LINKS:















Book Trailers






SPOTIFY MUSC PLAYLIST

Out of the Box Awakening Playlist

Out of the Box Regifted Playlist

Toccata Obbligato~Serenading Kyra Playlist

FORTUNE BRAWLING Playlist: http://goo.gl/TrhCDJ





YOU TUBE CHANNEL:


 



 









 










Excerpt from Out of the Box Awakening:



Ash cuts me off mid-sentence and pulls me into his arms. “Olivia please don’t make a decision like that just yet. I’ll admit, I have my selfish reasons for wanting you to stay and not go back to Texas. I care so much for you, and while I know Houston is your home and that you miss your kids, I want you to at least think about staying in Highland Park—with me. You don’t have to decide right now, but I want you to know that I’ll take care of you. Look, this is all new to me, and I just know that I haven’t felt for any woman the feelings I have for you. I’ll support whatever you decide to do and I’ll help you any way I can, but please, please don’t leave; not yet anyway.”

He has tears in his eyes and I begin to cry.

Olivia, please don’t cry, I want you to be happy—I want to make you happy. I can make you happy.”

Ash, you do make me happy, happier than I’ve ever been. I just don’t know what to do. What is the right thing to do? I don’t know. My mind is going in ninety different directions. If I follow my heart, it tells me that I belong here with you.”

He kisses the top of my head and in a broken voice whispers “Then follow your heart, Liv.”














































 

No comments:

Post a Comment