Authors Welcome!

Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Spotlight is on Randall Rutledge

Welcome Randall, we are so glad to have you here today. Please tell us a little about you and your work. Thank you!




When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? When I was about six years old.

How long does it take you to write a book? My first and so far only book published to date took me one year.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing? I am also an insurance inspector in my day job and do not always have the time to dedicate to writing like I would like to, however I am working on changing that in the very near future.


What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? Putting myself as a character in everything I write especially the six screenplays that I have written.

How do your books get published? My first book was published by another publisher, however from now on I am going to publish every book  I write myself and have them available from my website www.rutledgemediagroup.com  

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? I have a a good imagination things that I might see or hear give me ideals as well as I am pretty good at research.

When did you write your first book and how old were you? As far as writing my first book I guess you could call me a late bloomer, I wrote my first book in 2007 it wasn’t published until 2008 when I was 47 years old.


What do you like to do when you're not writing?  Work on film projects as well as other entertainment endeavors upto and including promoting my own concerts as well as martial arts I have been studying martial arts since I was 15 I have studied several styles from Karate, Kung Fu, Okanawate, Jujitsu, Hapkido, and today at 53 years old I continue to study Tae Kwon Do of which I am also a two time international Tae Kwon Do champion as well.  

  

What does your family think of your writing? The only person that supports my writing is my wife as I get no other support from any other family member I never have had any support at all from any family member.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? How really easy it is to publish yourself as well as how enjoyable it is to write them.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? One to date entitled From Movie City To Music City USA, however I am currently working on other titles and genres.
Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they? The only way to become better at anything is to keep on doing it, like the old saying goes practice makes perfect.
Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say? I have not heard from any readers personally, however I do have some reviews on Amazon.

Do you like to create books for adults? I like to write for just about all reading groups.

 
What do you think makes a good story?  Well developed themes and characters that are interesting and entertaining to the readers.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up? I wanted to work in movies, which I later did, I became interested basically in show business acting and singing at the age of six, that is when I met Johnny Cash as they were filming the movie ‘The Trail Of Tears” in my home town in Calhoun, Georgia. And although family members laughed at me when I told them what I wanted to do at the age of six, 14 years later at the age of 20 upon completion of my tour of duty in the United States Marine Corps I moved to Hollywood, California and worked back ground in my first movie ever which was the movie Scarface. Although I still have not made it where I would like to be in the industry I feel that I still completed one of my life’s goals other goals accomplished were publishing a book as well as recording an album in Nashville  of which you can hear sample tracks from my website at www.rutledgemediagroup.com you can also see all the films I have worked on at www.imdb.me/randallrutledge
I always tell anyone no matter what you want to do in life never give up on chasing your dreams ever.    

No comments:

Post a Comment