Authors Welcome!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Spotlight on Author Jenna Galicki.


AUTHOR : Jenna Galicki





Birth date: June 9 – I’m a Gemini!



Where are you from: : I grew up in the burbs if NYC, but Ive been living in Long Island for about fifteen years.



A little about your self `ie your education, Family, life etc: I love music, rottweilers, coffee and meeting new people. I’m a strong advocate for LGBT rights and marriage equality. I volunteer with Gods Love We Deliver, delivering meals on the holidays to people with HIV and AIDS and I’m proud sponsor of Children’s International. I have two dogs and one husband.



Tell us your latest book news? The next book in the Radical Rock Stars Series is coming out around Sept. 30. I’m just waiting on the definite date. It picks up where The Prince of Punk Rock (Radical Rock Stars Book One) leaves off and it’s HOT!



When and why did you begin writing? I write because I have to! LOL. These people in my head want out. They want life and they want their story told. I’ve always created elaborate scenarios in my head about fictitious people. One of them turned into ongoing story that evolved in my head for a few weeks. It was my first novel, which is still unpublished.



When did you consider yourself an Author? When did you first consider yourself a writer? As soon as I saw my name on the first paperback. It was surreal.



What inspired you to write your first book? It was a dream that I couldn’t let go of. I played it over in my head and added to it over a few weeks, and realized it had the potential to be a novel.



Do you have a specific writing style? I like third person and I like POVs from both MCs.



How did you come up with the titles? The title usually jumps out at me somewhere in the middle of writing the book. It often changes, until it hits you. It’s like when your eye spots that pair of shoes in the store window and you do an immediate detour to get a better look.



Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? Love conquers all.



How much of the book is realistic? I hope it’s all realistic, but none of it is based on actual events. It’s purely fiction.



Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? Nope, just my overactive imagination.

What books have most influenced your life most? It may sound dated, but I think Jackie Collins opened the door for strong female characters with Lucky Santangelo. She still a character I’d love to read about. Jackie Collins wasn’t afraid to introduce sex and drugs in her books, either, and back then, it was really outside the box.



If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? Again, Jackie Collins for the reasons stated above.



What book are you reading now? Into the Wind, Mermen of Ea by Shira Anthony



Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? There are so many, but Tyler May is coming out with her first novel in November about a blind vampire and it’s a male romance called Angel of Darkness. I’m really looking forward to reading it.



What are your current projects? I’m working on a piece for an open call for an anthology and then starting Radical Rock Stars Book Three.



Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members: The bloggers and the readers have my undying respect and gratitude! Support has been overwhelming.

Do you see writing as a career? I hope so. Its so much more than just a career though. I couldn’t stop if I tried.



If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? I think as a writer, there is something we’d always change. We always think we can make it better.



Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? The stories in my head wouldn’t quiet. They needed out!



Can you share a little of your current work with us?




Between A Rock and A Hard Place (Radical Rock Stars Book Two)

She’s a rock goddess.
He’s a sex pistol.
I need them both, in my life and in my bed, and I'm not living without either one of them.
I’ll do whatever it takes, even if it costs me everything I ever wanted.
I’m Tommy Blade, The Prince of Punk Rock, and this is the rest of our story.






When Jessi Blade is forced to miss the first leg of Immortal Angel’s world tour, Tommy Blade and Angel Garcia are alone together for the first time. Their romance flourishes and brings them closer together, but time apart puts a strain on Tommy and Jessi’s marriage. The demanding schedule of a world tour, pressure from the record label and a wife who feels neglected, leaves Tommy under a blanket of anxiety. He’s helpless as his perfect life slowly falls to pieces.



When Jessi Blade finally catches up to Tommy and Angel four weeks into their world tour, she begins to feel like an outsider. She’s not about to take a back seat to Angel and she competes for Tommy’s attention. Tired of the rivalry, she begins to wonder if they’d be happier without her.



Angel Garcia is trying to hold their relationship together, but Jessi’s animosity and Tommy’s nervous tension, are a heavy load to carry. Before long, it becomes clear that their life, and the band, are doomed unless they work out their differences.





Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? I try to take into consideration the readers viewpoint, likes and dislikes, but it’s hard to please everyone.

Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)? I’m trying to get to as many author signings as a can. I love to meet new people, especially readers and bloggers. I wish I could go to more.



Who designed the covers? Taria Reed at The Reed Files



What was the hardest part of writing your books?



Did you learn anything from writing your books? ? I think you learn something from everything your write. You lean what works and what doesn’t work. You learn how to develop story line and character depth. It’s always a learning experience.



Do you have any advice for other writers? Just to keep writing. Don’t get discouraged, it will all come together.



Do your have anything specific you would like to say to your readers? Just that I love them all and thank you so much for supporting me and leaving such nice reviews. My heart is full because of you. <3





Do your remember the first book you ever read? It had to be a Nancy Drew book! I read them nonstop when I was a kid.



Other than writing do you have any hobbies? I’m a music nut! I go to concerts like most people go to the movies.



What TV shows/films do you enjoy watching? I don’t have a lot of time to watch TV, but I will stop everything to watch The Walk Dead and Sons of Anarchy.





Favorite foods / Colors/ Music: : I’m a vegetarian transitioning to vegan. I love anything with nuts and granola! My all time favorite color was always pink because I was obsessed with I dram of Jeannie when I was a kid, but since I dyed my hair red, it presents a color clash. LOL.





If you were not a writer what else would you like to have done? ? I have a full time job, that pays the bills. But if I to choose a career other than writing, I would have been a veterinarian. I love all animals and have compassion for all living things down to the tiniest insect. Other than that, something in the music industry would be awesome!



Do you have a blog/website? If so please share your links.






@jennagalicki





Are you on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. Please share those links also.



Please share your book covers:



Please provide a personal picture of yourself or one of your favorite photos.



Other books by Jenna Galicki:



The Prince of Punk Rock, Radical Rock Stars Book One



I love her, but I also love him.
She’s everything to me.
He sets my world on fire.
It's our dirty little secret, and it’s about to blow our record deal sky high.
I’m Tommy Blade, the Prince of Punk Rock, and this is our story.

Tommy Blade is a man with a secret. It’s a secret he only shares with one person, Jessi Blade – and the men he surrenders to in the bedroom. Jessi’s only condition to their tumultuous sex life is that the men are one night stands. But when Angel Garcia enters their life, it’s like a match to gasoline.

Mega-talented punk rock singer Angel Garcia, with his smoldering ebony eyes, tight leather pants and unstoppable stage presence, is a man who is used to getting what he wants. He has his eyes set on Tommy Blade as his new lead guitarist, and as his life partner.

Jessi Blade, sympathetic to her husband's bisexual needs, loves him enough to share him, but she never counted on Angel Garcia to test the threshold of her marriage. He makes her life hell . . . and heaven. He’s her damnation and her salvation. She wants to hate him. She wants to despise him. But his charm and raw sex appeal are impossible to resist. Without warning, she finds herself falling in love with her husband's gay lover.

At the height of it all, their punk rock band catapults to stardom.

Their lives are marred by secrecy, deception and sacrifice. Feelings of betrayal, backlash from the sensationalistic media and threats of blackmail send them down a hard road filled with tough decisions.

They aren't your ordinary rock stars. They're radical rock stars. And they have a big story to tell.

Amazon: amzn.to/MG7R3u




Jealousy, a stand alone novel

He's the shoulder she leans on.
He worships her.
She shields and protects him.
He watches over her.
They're soul mates for life.
They're not lovers; they're best friends.
Their struggle to find someone who can handle their intense bond is met with a roller coaster of raw emotion, loyalty and heartache.
Follow their journey to find love.

When Heather Cooper married Peter, she thought that she had finally found someone who could handle the inseparable bond she shares with her gay best friend, Justin Perrotta. It’s only a matter of time, however, before jealousy rears its ugly head and Peter’s true feelings emerge. He starts drinking and his erratic behavior threatens their marriage.

Burned by an ex-boyfriend, Justin refuses to open his heart to love again. Wild relationships and one night stands leave him lonely and unfulfilled, even though he will not admit it. He finds love when he least expects it, but his fear of commitment threatens to ruin the best thing that has ever happened to him.

In this modern day ‘Will and Grace’ meets ‘Sex and the City’, two best friends, a straight woman and a gay man, struggle to find someone to love as much as they love each other.

amzn.to/H1gRx2









No comments:

Post a Comment