Authors Welcome!

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

SPOTLIGHT ON AUHTOR MORGAN SHEPPARD

Welcome Morgan, We Are So Glad To Have You Here Today!

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I’ve been writing since I can first remember – scribbling into notebooks and journals anything that came to mind. I’ve even tried my hand at poetry and limericks but they really weren’t very good!


How long does it take you to write a book?

I started writing Water Weaver in February 2014 and it was released on 31st October 2015!

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

I get up at 6:30am to get my girls ready for school. Once they’re up, sorted and the school run done, I write from about 8:30/9:00 until 11:30 when it’s time for the school run again. School times are very different in Germany to what I was used to in the UK. Once they’re both at home, I try to write whenever I get the chance during the afternoon. However, it is usually once they go to bed that I sit down and start work again.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

LOL, I don’t think I have one!

How do your books get published?

I’m self-publishing so do it all myself.


Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

My ideas I pluck out of the ether, although I do a lot of research to the parts I can.


When did you write your first book and how old were you?

My first book was written when I was seven, and it was done after a major upheaval in my life which also involved moving to a different part of the county (which felt like a completely different world!), starting a new school, that sort of thing.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I like to read – all in the name of research, obviously! Also, I love spending time with my daughters as they are growing so fast.



What does your family think of your writing?

My husband supports me but he prefers reading newspapers and articles online, so he’s already told me that he won’t be reading any of my work. My girls are thrilled at the idea of “mummy writing a book”, however, they don’t really understand what that means yet as they’re too young.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

Just how much work goes into every word! It amazes me when I see someone release a book in a matter of weeks. I have absolutely no idea how they do that!

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

Water Weaver is my first book so, for now, that is my favorite.


Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Don’t give up! Some days it is really hard to write. Don’t force yourself to if you’re really not feeling it as I ended up deleting those words the next day. However, I do agree with trying to write every day as sometimes, I just needed to get the first paragraph down and then the rest would be easier.



Also, develop a thick skin and take advice from impartial readers, not just people who will tell you how wonderful it is. I would sooner hear where it needs improving before it gets released.

Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

I’ve not heard from them much as I’ve only just released. The feedback I’ve received from the reviews has been wonderful so far though.

Do you like to create books for adults?

My book was classed as Young Adult, simply because of a lack of sex and violence. I would like to think though, that it could be read by adults and enjoyed just the same.

What do you think makes a good story?

A good story for me is one where I can relate to the characters. If there is a hook that I can grasp and relate to, I will usually enjoy the story. Sometimes it is hard to relate to the story, especially in the genres of Paranormal and Fantasy, which I love, so I love the characters.



As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

A librarian! I still do lol 

Author Bio & Links
I am a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a friend, and a lover. I am many things, been given many labels, but I can say that I am just ‘simple complicated’ me.

Always a prolific reader and dabbler in my younger days with short stories, poems and limericks, I have just published my first Epic Fantasy novel, ‘Water Weaver’.



Favourite quote is “You have to “aim high and reach for your dreams”

Favourite colour is rich purple

Favourite food would be chocolate! 

Favourite time of day is nighttime and I love the moon in all her beautiful phases. 

Favourite season has always been Autumn/Fall. I love the rain and thunderstorms.



I welcome your company as I walk my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment