- Is being an Author what you thought you would do with your life?
- I always wanted to be an author, at least at some level I did. I love to write so I knew that would be in my life.
- What made you decide to be an Author?
- I have nightmares and writing helps me work through them and create something positive out of a negative situation.
- What would you tell any new authors that are breaking into the business?
- Just don’t give up, be realistic but not pessimistic. Take the chance.
- What is the strangest thing you have written about?
- I think the strangest thing I ever wrote about was an overly enthusiastic sales person, it is so normal it’s weird.
- What is the hardest part of being an author?
- The stories, I am my own worst critic. I think everything I write is the worst and I want to scrap it, so I force myself to finish the entire thing before I do any editing.
- Do you love what you do?
- Yes, I love it. I wish I could do it all the time but I do try to make time.
- Do you have a family?
- Yes I have a wonderful husband and a son. I also have a huge family that I try to spend a lot of time with!
- What was your first published work?
- My first published book was The Deadliest Secret. It took me a long time to write because there are scenes I cried through and had to take a breather because it did trigger anxiety for me.
- What are you currently working on? Can you share any of it with us?
- I am currently working on The Deadliest Secret’s follow up called The Deadliest Game. I will be sharing a piece soon, but I need to tease you all a little longer with Gwen’s next adventure. Check my facebook for the latest and greatest on that.
- New release book cover?
- I don’t have a book cover for it yet. I will be doing a show when it is ready though.
- Have you ever wanted to quit writing? If so why?
- Yes, I have wanted to because I get stressed and I feel like I don’t do enough but I get encouragement from my family and friends and I listen to my own advice, I can’t give up. I won’t.
- What genres do you write?
- I write paranormal romance with the Demon Wars series, the Deadliest series is a suspense romance, I also plan do dabble in some erotica, BDSM, comedy, and a military romance. I think the military romance will be coming next for a wonderful friend and book cover model.
- Anything else you would like to share?
- Yes, I am currently working on a few outlines, and I will be doing a special share when my author facebook page reaches 1,000 likes! I will sneak peek for my wonderful friends and readers.
- Share with us your links. (Facebook, Tumbler, Twitter, Instagram, Etc)
- My website is www.laurenpeyton.com
And you can find my others on Facebook.