Authors Welcome!

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Spotlight on Author


Lauren Peyton

Author Interview




 

 

 



  1. Is being an Author what you thought you would do with your life?
    1. I always wanted to be an author, at least at some level I did. I love to write so I knew that would be in my life.



  1. What made you decide to be an Author?
    1. I have nightmares and writing helps me work through them and create something positive out of a negative situation.


  1. What would you tell any new authors that are breaking into the business?
    1. Just don’t give up, be realistic but not pessimistic. Take the chance.



  1. What is the strangest thing you have written about?
    1. I think the strangest thing I ever wrote about was an overly enthusiastic sales person, it is so normal it’s weird.



  1. What is the hardest part of being an author?
    1. The stories, I am my own worst critic. I think everything I write is the worst and I want to scrap it, so I force myself to finish the entire thing before I do any editing.


  1. Do you love what you do?
    1. Yes, I love it. I wish I could do it all the time but I do try to make time.



  1. Do you have a family?
    1. Yes I have a wonderful husband and a son. I also have a huge family that I try to spend a lot of time with!



  1. What was your first published work?
    1. My first published book was The Deadliest Secret. It took me a long time to write because there are scenes I cried through and had to take a breather because it did trigger anxiety for me.



  1. What are you currently working on? Can you share any of it with us?
    1. I am currently working on The Deadliest Secret’s follow up called The Deadliest Game. I will be sharing a piece soon, but I need to tease you all a little longer with Gwen’s next adventure. Check my facebook for the latest and greatest on that.



  1. New release book cover?
    1. I don’t have a book cover for it yet. I will be doing a show when it is ready though.



  1. Have you ever wanted to quit writing? If so why?
    1. Yes, I have wanted to because I get stressed and I feel like I don’t do enough but I get encouragement from my family and friends and I listen to my own advice, I can’t give up. I won’t.



  1. What genres do you write?
    1. I write paranormal romance with the Demon Wars series, the Deadliest series is a suspense romance, I also plan do dabble in some erotica, BDSM, comedy, and a military romance. I think the military romance will be coming next for a wonderful friend and book cover model.



  1. Anything else you would like to share?
    1. Yes, I am currently working on a few outlines, and I will be doing a special share when my author facebook page reaches 1,000 likes! I will sneak peek for my wonderful friends and readers.



  1. Share with us your links. (Facebook, Tumbler, Twitter, Instagram, Etc)
    1. My website is www.laurenpeyton.com



And you can find my others on Facebook.






No comments:

Post a Comment