Authors Welcome!

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Author Spotlight

 
Welcome Bridget thank you for joining us here to day.  
 
When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I think I have always wanted to write, but I was too scared to go through with it until a year ago.

How long does it take you to write a book?

It depends on the length of the book, but usually about a month.


What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

I usually write 2000-3000 words a day during the week, I usually never write on the weekends.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

I always listen to music when I am writing. It is a must have.

How do your books get published?

I self-publish all of my books.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

It depends, I usually just search the topic online, and until I find the information I need.

When did you write your first book and how old were you?

I wrote my first book last year (2014) and I was 35 years old.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I love to read, and just spend time with family.

What does your family think of your writing?

My family fully supports my writing and they encourage me all the time.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

I would have to say that the most surprising thing in writing my books is how I may plan on something and it turns into something else all by itself.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I have written 5 books and I am currently working on my 6th book. My first book is Skylar’s Dream.


Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Just to do what your heart tells you to do. Always go with your gut feeling when you are writing. Everything will flow how it is meant too. Never give Up!!!

Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

I hear from some of them, they always tell me that they really like my books and my style of writing.

Do you like to create books for adults?

I write paranormal romance, and I love it.

What do you think makes a good story?

I think the characters and the storyline make a great story.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
I wanted to be a teacher. I have an Associate’s degree in Pre-school education but I do not use it.
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment