Authors Welcome!

Monday, February 19, 2018

New Author Kerry D. Redford in the Spotlight



If death had a face, it would be hers.

Typically serial killers are thought of as awkward and socially challenged, less than human, beings. The worst monster of all is a real one. When one examines the life of a serial killer, usually, it becomes less difficult to pick him or her out of a crowd. What if, a serial killer was so noticeable because of her undeniable beauty, yet the last person anyone would suspect? 
Celestine Clemence is just that. A rare violet eyed creole vixen that can’t be denied. Set in New Orleans against a 1940 backdrop, Alabaster Bayou tells the story of this troubled murderess. 

Celestine is the illegitimate daughter of Senator and rich playboy Dylan Vaughn. He is a cold man who’ll use anyone to get his way, including Celestine’s mother Mary Anne. After so many years of being Vaughn’s dirty little secret, Mary Anne threatens to expose the power hunger Senator in hopes of forcing him to acknowledge his own daughter. Dylan Vaughn then kills Mary Anne to rid himself of the problem. This sets Celestine off on a revenge seeking path.

Once Celestine achieves her target and takes out her enemy #1, she discovers that her passion for killing has gone from justice fueled to murdering for the satisfying thrill of it all.

She is quiet, premeditated and most of all discreet. It doesn’t take long for Celestine to become the full-fledged killer she can no longer deny. Alabaster Bayou is filled with an on-going sense of a cat and mouse game, with Celestine’s good side and dark side at a constant tug of war. This story gets up close and personal with an eloquent and calculated serial killer who sees murder as a necessary art form. Since she is a killer who does so for her own dark pleasures, a real problem is proposed when pieces of her art start to surface from the bayou and along the shores of Lake Pontchartrain. Now her whole secret life is in threat of being exposed.

This crazy cat however, enjoys toying with detectives. An even bigger twist is thrown into the mix when Celestine meets a man that calms her killer side and brings out the loving lady side in her. Will she stay with him out of love or will she flee the perfect man because of a killer instinct she can’t refuse?

18+ - Parental Discretion Advised

Author Bio: I have been writing since the age of 7. I was published 1st at 16 again at 19 and then proceeded to release several novels and short works. I am passionate and writing will always be the air that I breathe.



Author Interview

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?=At the young age of 7. I won a poetry contest and my school counselor told me I should be a writer when I grow up. I already loved to read and create stories so it just fit. 

How long does it take you to write a book?= Anywhere from a week to a year or two. It really depends on the story and the research needed. 

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?=This one is funny and will probably sound crazy to some. I work 24/7 when it comes to writing. I create in my sleep when I cook, even when I have conversations with people that have nothing to do with writing.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?=I feel the need to act out and talk to my characters. I live and think as they would, except for the whole murder or law breaking parts ha ha.

How do your books get published?=There was a time I was self-published and I have been traditionally published. Recently, Southern Owl Publications gave me a chance to be with an honest and true publishing firm. I have to say they are good professional people of their word and they treat every author not only like you would treat a best friend but also like family.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?=Mine come completely from within. The stories or ideas and characters come to me and then I take off from there.

When did you write your first book and how old were you?=I wrote my first full length book at 16.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?=I love to rehab old properties and seek out interesting collectibles from the prohibition era. I also have a great passion for the state of Louisiana. The history and the way of life are something that has always captured my heart.  

What does your family think of your writing?=They are very supportive and have always believed in me. There of course has been some not so supportive people but I never let it stop me.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?=How to be myself. It was okay to let everything go and share what was on the inside with readers.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?=About 13, but I really only count the ones I really found my true writers voice and style. My favorite, thus far, is for sure Alabaster Bayou.

Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?=I actually live by a motto that has always helped me, “Make it real enough to be believable and fictional enough to be entertaining.” Second would be, write your own way. If you have to say I want to write like “ “ or be like “” then you haven’t found your true style and writer voice yet of which is uniquely yours.

Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?=I do and I have some wonderful fans! They tend to be the sweetest and most insightful people I ever meet. They tell me how well written my books are and how they felt like they were actually living the story. Probably my favorite is when a reader tells me how they used to use books to help them fall asleep but they used mine to stay awake. I was very humbled since this was my ultimate goal when writing my books.

Do you like to create books for adults?=I do write fiction that is geared for adults, but my sense is there is always a sex appeal of sorts to my characters.

What do you think makes a good story?=When a writer actually puts so much heart and soul into a story that they die a little inside when it comes time to write, “The End”

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?=I was actually asked that question in second grade and my answer was, “Dracula.”

Any books in the works?=Yes! Always! Let’s see, hints, hints, hints. Louisiana,1922, moonshiners and a lot of close calls. That’s all I’m willing to let go of right now.

What are your plans for the future?=Keep writing until my last breath exits my body! Aside from that, it has also been a dream of mine to open a Speakeasy bar. With good food good times and have all the friends I can!  

Purchase Alabaster Bayou at AMAZON. COM

Follow Kerry on Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment