Authors Welcome!

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Author Spotlight - JamieLynn Boothe

Here is my interview with:
Author JamieLynn Boothe!
 
1. Is being an Author what you thought you would do with your life?
Oh yes, I have been wanting to be a published author for many years. I am loving everything about it. I love creating fiction, hearing the feedback from my fans, having fans, and when the financial benefits start happening, I’m going to love that too.
2. What made you decide to be an Author?
Like I said I have always wanted to, but about three years ago I finally got tired of not following my dream. One day I looked at my computer and said that it’ll never get written unless I start it. So, I sat down and started. I haven’t looked back since.


3. What would you tell any new authors that are breaking into the business?
Well, never stop working on your dream. No matter how good or bad you think you may be, never stop. Also write every day. Even if it’s only one paragraph, write something. Believe in yourself. That’s the most important thing for me.

4. What is the strangest thing you have written about? 
 I have started a horror story about a haunted house, but I haven’t finished it yet.
5. What is the hardest part of being an author? Being my worst critic. I am very hard on myself.
 
6. Do you love what you do?
With all of my heart and soul. It’s my passion and helps me keep going a lot of days. Sometimes it’s through writing poetry.

7. Do you have a family?
I have siblings and my Mother lives in North Carolina, but I am single with no children.

8. What was your first published work?
Nightmares and Dreams

9. What are you currently working on? 
 Can you share any of it with us? I’m currently writing the third novel in the Nightmares and Dreams Trilogy. All I’m going to say about it right now is that like the second novel, Dark Moments and Silver Linings, it will have some steamy love scenes, but more detailed, however some people may be upset with me. I can’t say why, sorry.

10. New release book cover?
Dark Moments and Silver Linings has one yes.

11. Have you ever wanted to quit writing? If so why?
There’s been times I have gotten frustrated and doubted myself, but deep down I haven’t wanted to quit.
 
12. What genres do you write?
Mainly romance, but I recently published a paranormal romance short story that I will be writing a novel about with someone else, also after that with that same friend we plan on writing a historical romance series together.


13. Anything else you would like to share? 
 Be ready to cry, I love writing something to touch the heart and soul, but also to excite you.

14. Share with us your links. (Facebook, Tumbler, Twitter, Instagram, Etc)























 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment