Authors Welcome!

Thursday, August 27, 2015

SPOTLIGHT ON AUTHOR P.M. BRIEDE

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I am not one who had childhood dreams of writing. In truth, my mother passed away suddenly three years ago and I needed a healthy way to deal with my emotions. I turned to writing with no intention of publishing, but a friend noticed what I was doing and asked to read my book. She loved it and encouraged me to publish.

How long does it take you to write a book?

It takes me 3-4 months on average. Then I put it aside for some perspective for about 6 months. Then it takes another month to finalize it with a fresh and as unbiased view as possible.



What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

I write in the evenings while my kids are doing homework. That’s about the quietest my house gets, which is what I need for writing.


What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

Hmmm. I’m not sure. I write chronologically, I guess!  

http://www.amazon.com/Death-Chorus-Girl-Delacroix-Book-ebook/dp/B00VMUCXRK/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Drink-Nine-P-Briede-ebook/dp/B0136ZFB6S/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

 
How do your books get published?

I have an indie house publisher that helps format, edit, and do the covers.


http://www.amazon.com/Wicked-After-Dark-Paranormal-Werewolves-ebook/dp/B011576CZS/ref=la_B00F7MAE8E_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440687455&sr=1-6


Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

I very much try to write what I know. So I write about art and dance. I write about places I’ve been. I incorporate current events that I follow in the world when appropriate.

When did you write your first book and how old were you?
I started writing my first book on the 35th birthday!

http://www.amazon.com/Ashes-Charlotte-Grace-Book-3-ebook/dp/B00LCPGBQE/ref=la_B00F7MAE8E_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440687455&sr=1-2

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I like to play with my kids and read. I play piano sometimes, and I LOVE to travel!


What does your family think of your writing?

My dad has read a few of my books. My husband isn’t much of a reader, but he is very supportive. My kids think it’s really cool.


http://www.amazon.com/Smoldering-Embers-Charlotte-Grace-Book-ebook/dp/B00HG2M15C/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

 
What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

That it is HARD, like really HARD. Keeping up with timelines, character images, on top of plotlines, you have to be really organized. I thought it would be an organic and free flowing process, and I guess it can be, but there has to be some logic to what you are doing.


How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I have written 11, 6 of which have been published. They all are pretty special, but probably The Underground. I’m really proud of that story and feel that it is original and unlike most anything that I’ve read.



Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Keep up with dates and physical characteristics. It’s so easy to lose track of what’s going on in your own books. Oh, and write to make yourself happy. Because no one else will like something that you don’t like.


Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

I interact with my hard core fans on Facebook. They are extremely supportive. My fan groups, The Adorkables, are amazing. We share a common goal of upping the kindness ante in the world. It is such a positive environment and they make me smile every day with their stories of hope and resilience.


Do you like to create books for adults?

All of my books are meant for an adult audience. I don’t write erotica, but I do deal with adult issues, relationships, and situations.



What do you think makes a good story?

Dynamic and complex characters. I like stories and character s where you really aren’t sure what is going to happen or how everyone is going to react to it. I like stories where characters make stupid mistakes based on their humanity. I like arguing with books and character decisions. I like watching them overcoming their own mistakes.

http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Fire-Charlotte-Grace-Book-ebook/dp/B00IXXB2OE/ref=la_B00F7MAE8E_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440687455&sr=1-3



As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up? 
 
A lot of things, but mainly a choreography. That didn’t happen, but I did make one of my main female characters a Broadway choreographer, so I sort of made it!

Thank you so much for this opportunity and your thoughtful questions.

LINK TO BOOKS> AUTHOR PAGE: 
http://www.amazon.com/P.-M.-Briede/e/B00F7MAE8E/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_6?qid=1440687344&sr=1-6



http://www.amazon.com/Underground-P-M-Briede-ebook/dp/B00P3IHTH6/ref=la_B00F7MAE8E_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440687455&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment