Authors Welcome!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Spotlight on Author Madison Sevier


Interview with Best Selling AuthorMadison Sevier:


   
When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
Honestly, I knew in kindergarten.

How long does it take you to write a book?
It depends. Sometimes, a few days and sometimes over a year. The genre and my crazy life has a lot.to do with how much I can accomplish.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
Again, it varies. Summer is the time of year that I'm normally able to get a lot.of writing done. I homeschool my daughter and summer is just less hectic for me.


What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
Wow. Tough one. I'd have to say that I love putting bits of realistic possibilities into the strangest situations. I believe stories should be just as much of a surprise as life is. Nothing is cookie cutter in my mind. And I do love using sassy, strong and smart women for my heroines.
How do your books get published?
I'm self-published. (With a lot of people helping me behind the scenes)

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
I hate to sound like a broken record, but it depends. Some ideas manifest from real events, some happen in my.dreams and some happen when one of my.friends and I are goofing around. After the idea emerges, that's when I decide where to get my most pertinent information.

When did you write your first book and how old were you?
I wrote my first book in fourth grade. It was a mystery and it was horrible. (LOL)
What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Besides guzzling copious amounts of coffee? I love Nascar, crocheting, baking, hiking, making candy and reading. 



What does your family think of your writing?
They love it. If it weren't for my husband and daughter, I'd have never taken such a giant leap. They've always been right beside me cheering me on and wanting me to achieve my dreams.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
That I could actually grow to hate them. I know most authors wouldn't say that, but I've always got this "love/hate" relationship with my work.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? 13 so far. I'd have to say Natural Lust or Wicked By Nature would be my favorite (s). I loved creating those characters.

Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Honestly, write what you want to write. Be yourself. Work on your craft and have someone to vent to...someone who is a true friend to you in this business.


Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

Not very often. However, those I do hear from are amazing and I cherish them. They took a chance on me. Me! In my.wildest dreams I never thought that woukd happen. Those readers and friends are the best. It's not always glowing reviews or comments, but I still love each of them.

Do you like to create books for adults?
All of my.books are for adults. The only children's books I've written have been for.my daughter and that was when she was much younger than she is now.


What do you think makes a good story?
Anything. Anyone who takes the time to make their art a reality has my vote.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

I wanted to teach and be an authot. Somehow, I've been lucky enough to do both.

OTHER BOOKS BY MADISON SEVIER CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Madison+Sevier

BIO AND PROFILE PAGE: http://www.amazon.com/Madison-Sevier/e/B00BDWM3DG/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1442065044&sr=1-2-ent

Romance author, Madison Sevier, officially began her writing career in 2011 by going after her lifelong dream and has been having the time of her life ever since.
 
Her days are spent homeschooling her daughter and doing the bookkeeping for her family's business. At night, she gets to become someone else and create characters who work their way into her head and won't let go until they have a life of their own.

Being a coffee-addicted Gemini, Madison is known for doing whatever strikes her fancy at any given moment. Some of her favorite hobbies include; hiking, geocaching, animal rescue, writing, reading, baking, horseback riding and she loves NASCAR.

Living in what everyone calls 'Kentuckiana' with her husband, daughter, two Chihuahuas, one Saint Bernard and two cats, she's found the perfect paradise to allow all of her stories to come to life. Against a backdrop of the Ohio River and surrounding hillsides, she never knows where a new romance will come from. But you can be sure you're going to hear about it.

She loves hearing from her readers and meeting new ones, so feel free to contact her anytime.

www.http://www.madisonsevier.com

No comments:

Post a Comment